For a Lyon County arrest warrant search, you will need to pay a small fee whether you go through state agencies or online establishments. This amount goes towards paying the staff that is appointed for rendering such service and for printed reports. However, since a lot of people would just like to find details on any NV active warrants in the name of their subject without needing a formal report, the county clerk’s office offers a provision to look for arrest records and outstanding warrants from Lyon on your own.
For this, you will have to drive down to the office of the clerk of court. Do not forget to take a government ID along. This will have to be shown before you are allowed to use one of the public service terminals operated by the department. These computers will give you access to the court dockets database maintained by the agency.
Because the clerk of court keeps the records for the civil and criminal tribunals in the area, you will find extensive information from this repository. In contrast, when you go to the sheriff’s department, you won’t get details on any civil cases started by or against the subject, but you can get details on every criminal matter and all arrests that he was ever associated with.
If this person is a criminal on the run, you can even check to see if his name has been included in the most wanted list. Another branch of the judiciary that keeps information on arrest records from Lyon County, along with any active warrants issued in the area, is the office of the magistrate. To get in touch with these state departments, write to or drive down to:
- The Police: 30 Nevin Way, Yerington, Nevada 89447
- The court: 31 S Main St, Yerington, NV 89447
- The clerk of court: PO Box 927, Yerington, Nevada 89447
Is it possible to acquire information about Lyon County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2023-Update)
- Contact the Sheriff’s Department for an arrest report-775-575-3350.
- Contact the limited jurisdiction court for inquiries about active warrants-775-575-3355/775-246-6233/775-463-6639.
- Dial the phone number of the Lyon County Jail for information on recent arrests -775-463-6600.
- Contact the Lyon County Attorney’s Office for victim services-775-575-3353.
- Get in touch with the Clerk of Court to learn about criminal case court dates and judicial records- 775-463-6503.
- If you’re looking to find Lyon County Nevada jail mugshots, you can search for them on the county’s official website or contact the jail for more information.
Crime statistics of Lyon County
Between 2018 and 2019, Lyon County’s overall crime rate decreased by 3%. In 2019, the local police handled about 701 complaints, compared to roughly 728 complaints in 2018. Around 522 of these cases were for property crimes, with the most common offense being larceny theft. The filing of 179 complaints stemmed from violent incidents.
Older crime statistics
Of the over 600 criminal incidents recorded in Lyon County, Nevada, per annum, almost 60 cases are lodged against violent criminal acts. Although the local police only receive 3 complaints every two days, this scenario may change for the worse given the near doubling of criminal incident rates in recent years.
Search Nevada arrest records by county: